At 11:40 AM on Saturday, October 3, White House physician Sean Conley provided an update on President Trump’s condition. On Friday, Mr. Trump revealed that he and the first lady had tested positive for COVID-19. Out of what the White House described as “an abundance of caution,” the president later departed the White House for Walter Reed National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, where he is expected to remain for several days.
The president had a cough and also a fever Thursday into Friday but, according to Conley, has been fever-free for more than 24 hours. Mr. Trump has not needed supplemental oxygen – a fact that appeared to disappoint members of the media who were present at the briefing. Seemingly to his amusement, Dr. Conley was asked several times if the president was, or had been, receiving oxygen. Conley said that Trump was walking around, working, and was having no difficulty breathing. Earlier today, the president was apparently in good spirits and told the medical team: “I feel like I could walk out of here today.”
First Lady Melania Trump is still at the White House and is said to be coping well with mild symptoms.
No definite timeline was given, regarding the president’s discharge. Due to the treatment he is receiving, the president could remain at Walter Reed for up to five more days, though Conley would not say for sure.