Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- As states across the nation begin phased reopening, the political backlash has increased. President Trump’s confidence that the worst of the pandemic is over for the United States is drawing the anger of politicos who appear to be playing dangerous games with the economy.
- Is the Tara Reade sexual assault allegation against Joe Biden about to break through the media blackout it appears to have been under? Is it becoming impossible for the media to ignore?
- The health status of North Korean leader Kim Jong-un remains unknown. Whether he is doing this purposely for media attention or he is, indeed, in “grave danger,” governments across the world are speculating as to the future of the isolated nation.
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti has announced that the city will be providing free Coronavirus testing for every single resident. So far, he has failed to address the fact that testing on one day does not mean you will be safe from infection the next.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- 60% of voters say they are excited about a presidential contest between Joe Biden and President Trump. 34% suggest that they will simply be voting for who they see as “the lesser of two evils.”
- If Biden and Trump are the nominees, 20% of voters indicate that they would be tempted to vote for a third-party candidate. 8% say there very likely to do so.
- Voters under the age of 40 – who are more likely to vote Democrat – are much less enthusiastic about the Trump-Biden matchup, and are more likely to say they are considering casting their vote for someone else. Is this a result of Bernie Sanders being out of the race?
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
Possible Biden running mate Stacey Abrams and other supporters have been touting a New York Times investigation into the Tara Reade accusations as the reason they believe Joe Biden. However, the Times is hitting back, saying, “Our investigation made no conclusion either way,” and that the Biden campaign is misrepresenting their reporting. News media has been suspiciously quiet on the subject of Ms. Reade. But this seeming blackout may be on the verge of collapsing as even CNN has finally begun providing coverage. To date, though, not one of the interviewers in Biden’s numerous appearances have asked him flat out to deny the allegation.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
I have a fantasy where Ted Turner is elected President but refuses because he doesn’t want to give up power.
– Arthur C. Clarke
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Stay On Top of the Latest Conservative News
Sign Up for Free
Join Our MemberZone for $29.99/yr
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com