Well, they tried. Though they threw their full might against him many times during and after his presidency – including two impeachments – the Democrats have each time come up short of destroying the Donald. Still, credit where credit is due, it wasn’t for lack of effort. Some might even say, “nevertheless, they persisted.” But it was all for naught. Rasmussen polls, including a new one post-second acquittal, have consistently shown that Trump has been able to shake off everything they throw at him. Nothing the Democrats can do seems to topple Trump in the eyes of his supporters – Teflon Don is still on top.
The Bearer of Bad News
Rasmussen released its latest popularity poll Thursday, February 18. From Feb. 16-17, 1,000 likely U.S. voters were asked three simple questions:
“1* Did the recent impeachment proceedings against former President Trump make your opinion of him better or worse, or did it not make much difference?
2* As the Republican Party reorganizes itself going forward, should it be more like former President Trump or more like the average GOP member of Congress?
3* Which of these statements is closer to your belief: ‘Donald Trump is still the kind of leader the Republican Party needs,’ or ‘Republicans need to get away from the legacy of Donald Trump’?”
Only 29% said they now had a worse opinion of Trump, while 42% said their views were unchanged and 28% actually came away liking him more. That’s a combined 70% of respondents who, at the very least, don’t dislike Trump any more than they did before this second impeachment and the short-lived trial. But what did the Democrats expect? A pretrial poll from Rasmussen revealed that only 31% believed a conviction was likely compared to 64% who either thought it unlikely or that it definitely wouldn’t happen. What’s worse for the left, a mere 15% said they planned to watch it all.
This is hardly the first time Rasmussen has been the bearer of bad news for the Democrat drama queens. Just a few days after the riot on Capitol Hill, which the media pinned squarely on Trump, a poll showed the president still had a 48% approval rating. That’s about on par with the polling from before all the post-election chaos – and pretty good for a guy who didn’t get re-elected. As of Rasmussen’s last poll, Biden’s approval rating sits at 50%.
All for Naught
When Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-CA), talked to Tal Kopan of San Francisco Chronicle fame, he said he felt good about the impeachment, even if the dream of conviction never came to fruition. “I feel very good about the case that we put forward,” Swalwell explained, “and while we did not technically disqualify him from office, I think he has functionally been disqualified.”
If Rep. Swalwell is banking on the case he and his colleagues made during the trial to do enough reputational damage to “disqualify” Trump from running in 2024 … Well, there’s more bad news for him.
Read more from James Fite.
Liberty Nation Today:
A Sneak Peek
Loudoun County Public Schools Nailed by Grand Jury – READ IN FULL - A Grand Jury report eviscerates Virginia's LCPS for trying to cover up a sex assault and obstructing the investigation. - Read Now!
Celebrities Celebrating Celebrities: 2022 Kennedy Center Honors - Antisemitic jokes are okay if certain people tell them. - Read Now!
Ukraine Today – Photos and Facts - The latest news and pictures from the Ukrainian front. - Read Now!
B-21 Raider Joins US Nuclear Triad - Northrop Grumman introduces world to America’s newest strategic bomber. - Read Now!
The Left’s Propaganda Machine Comes for Elon Musk - The exposure of Twitter’s collusion with Democrats set off a coordinated attack from the left. - Read Now!