The folks at Gallup must be scratching their statistical noggins as a recent poll suggests Americans are fighting to stay, well, American. More than 90% would vote for a candidate who is black, Catholic, or Hispanic – which is obviously a truism. And just like that, America sends a smartly stinging “no” to socialism, a sound “well, why not?” to Jewish or women candidates, and a few gave a thumbs up to gays – just not that Iowa caucus delegate who, aghast to find out that Mayor Pete has a husband, wanted to rescind her vote.
The poll itself did not deliver too many “ah ha” moments – Americans elected John F. Kennedy, a Catholic, in 1960 and Barack Obama in 2008. It’s been done before. However, some notable advancements in demographics may have the Silent Majority fidgeting in their seats. Between six and seven out of ten surveyed indicated they would vote for a Muslim or an Atheist.
Of course, answers by party line tell the tale of one political party fractured and another standing firm in ideological beliefs.
Dems – All Over the Place
The Democratic Party has lost its ever-loving – collective – mind since the epic loss of its anointed one, Hillary Clinton. Old guard moderates, the likes of former Vice President Joe Biden and once-a-Republican-Indian priestess Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA), are caving to the mouthy progressive wing of the party and undoing centuries of centrist policy and ideology in an attempt to stay relevant and in control. As they battle it out on the national stage – much to the amusement of President Donald Trump and the Republicans – Americans are speaking loud and clear as to what they desire in the leader of the Free World. And it isn’t what the Democratic candidates for president are trying to force-feed the electorate.
One frontrunner, Senator Bernie Sanders (I-VT), a dyed-in-the-wool socialist who honeymooned in the Soviet Union, believes the 1% should pay for the other 99%. Nevertheless, he displays his hypocrisy like a neon sign – jetting here and there, riding in a gas-hog SUV all the while barking about climate change. The man is worth millions, although he has never had a private-sector job. Wow.
The bite of socialism hit hard when erasing student debt was brought up during the Iowa caucuses, and Warren had her heinie handed to her when a father approached and asked, “I just wanted to ask one question. My daughter is getting out of school. I’ve saved all my money. She doesn’t have any student loans. Am I going to get my money back?”
She replied, “Of course not.”
Here’s the rub for Warren, Bernie, and his uncontrollable Bros: Only 45% of Americans would consider voting for a socialist. They won’t win with those numbers, no how.
Another indication of how out of touch Democrats are with Americans is how age matters in the race for nominee number one in Dysfunction Junction: “When asked if they would vote for a person of specific characteristics, over the age of 70,” 73% of GOP respondents, 68% of Independents, and only 66% of Democrats (age discriminators) said that they were okay with a septuagenarian.
And each of the top three Democrat contenders – Warren, Biden, and Sanders – are 70, 77, and 78 respectively.
The Renewed Vim and Vigor of the GOP
Most Republicans and Libertarians and a good portion of the Independents don’t seem to be concerned about age, gay or not, first female in the White House, or the color of the president’s skin. They want a fighter who is unafraid to take on the coastal elites and won’t kowtow to special interests. But they are adamantly opposed to socialism, which received support from only 17%.
As the nation barrels toward November 2020, the current message in the field of Democrats isn’t close to the wishes of the electorate. Republicans will not cross lines for any of the frontrunners, and political independents have made their voice heard as well. And they might be the ones to cross into red territories if the Democrats refuse to listen to Americans.
Read more from Sarah Cowgill.
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com