Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- A federal judge has ruled that New York must hold its presidential primary in June as originally planned. The ruling also insists that Bernie Sanders and other candidates be added back to the ballot. The judge stated that Governor Cuomo’s decision to cancel violated the 1st and 14th Amendments.
- Researchers in Britain published a report that suggests the Coronavirus had reached Europe late last year.
- Just days after SCOTUS engaged in its first-ever live broadcast of oral arguments, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg has once again been hospitalized. She is said to be suffering from an infection caused by a gallstone.
- President Trump has indicated that with the country reopening, his COVID-19 Taskforce will begin to wind down.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- In a seemingly contradictory manner, a Gallup/Knight Foundation poll of collegegoers found that 78% want “safe spaces” to protect students from “threatening” ideas; the same survey found that 68% believe Free Speech is “extremely important.”
- Fox News polling in Florida gives Joe Biden a three-point lead over President Trump, however, with 12% undecided or possible third-party voters, the race is too close to call.
- Only 21% of voters agree with NY Governor Andrew Cuomo’s statement that “we’re not going to make America great again. It was never that great.” A majority believe the country’s best days are ahead.
- After a week of slumping approval ratings, President Trump is now back up to 47%.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
Martin Tolchin, a co-founder of both The Hill and Politico, responded to a New York Times editorial calling for an investigation into Tara Reade’s accusations against Joe Biden by saying, “I don’t want an investigation. I want a coronation of Joe Biden.” The idea of sweeping the claims under the table is gaining ground in the media. He further wrote: “I don’t want justice, whatever that may be. I want a win, the removal of Donald Trump from office, and Mr. Biden is our best chance.” When the media machine puts ideology over justice, it is time to start asking questions about which sources we can really trust.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
The activist is not the man who says the river is dirty. The activist is the man who cleans up the river.
– Ross Perot
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.