Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- Counties and towns across America are choosing their own path when it comes to following stay-at-home orders from governors. Whether it is protesting on the steps of the state Capitols or gathering at the local beach, it seems unlikely that this lockdown can hold the people’s consent much longer.
- CNN had demanded that the Trump Campaign stop using a clip from their network. They state that it is distorted and misleading. Perhaps President Trump should request some Quid Pro Quo before doing so.
- Nancy Pelosi is setting the tone for the new Coronavirus Committee by suggesting that officials who are encouraged not to appear could be “afraid of the truth.” Is this just another politically motivated investigation designed to benefit Democrats in November?
- Andy Lack, the NBC News head, is leaving the company. Billed as part of a significant restructuring of the organization, Lack steps down under a cloud of allegations linked to misconduct.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- A study looking at presidential polls from 1988 to 2012 found that a more accurate predictor of victory is who voters “think” will win rather than who they will actually vote for. This appears good news for Trump as a polling average suggests 55% of voters think he will claim victory in November.
- 43% of likely voters think it’s time to get back to work. Three weeks ago, this figure stood at 36%.
- Betting odds suggest that the eventual Democratic Party nominee will win the popular vote in the upcoming presidential election. However, President Trump is the favorite to win the Electoral College vote.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
The Secretary of the Senate, Julie Adams, has said that she cannot legally comply with Joe Biden’s request to release information that could confirm or refute Tara Reade’s accusations. The “Secretary has no discretion to disclose any such information as requested,” she wrote. Surely the Biden campaign team and the army of lawyers he has no doubt hired already knew this. With lawyers speaking on behalf of the campaign, it is clear that this is being treated as though it were a court case. Why not go the whole hog and sue to have any documents released?
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly good ink and make the combination worthless.
– Milton Friedman
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Stay On Top of the Latest Conservative News
Sign Up for Free
Join Our MemberZone for $29.99/yr
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com