Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- According to The New York Times, Democrats and some anti-Trump Republicans are trying to plan for a crisis in November. They are allegedly looking at a scenario in which Joe Biden wins a tight election, but President Trump refuses to leave the White House or allow Biden’s transition team access to it. It’s worth remembering that, three and half years on, Democrats have still not accepted the outcome of the last election.
- The Republican Party has filed a lawsuit to stop California Governor Gavin Newsom (D) from taking his state to an all mail-in vote for the November elections. Judicial Watch has also filed suit on behalf of former Republican Rep. Darrell Issa. The latter filing claims Newsom’s decision is “an unlawful attempt to supersede and replace California election law.”
- Domenick J. DeMuro is a former Philadelphia elections judge. He is also a Democrat. He has also been convicted of stuffing ballot boxes in favor of various Democrats running for office in the state and accepting large amounts of money to do it. Electoral fraud is a myth, though, say most Democrats.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- Was Michael Flynn’s conviction justified? 49% of likely U.S. voters say yes. 34% believe he was entrapped by the FBI. 17% are undecided. As one might expect, survey respondents were sharply divided along party lines.
- Do Americans buy the idea that an anti-Trump, deep state is working against the president? It appears that a majority do. When asked: “How likely is it that senior federal law enforcement officials broke the law in an effort to prevent Donald Trump from winning the presidency?” 52% of likely US voters said they believed it was either very or somewhat likely. 39% said it was not very or not at all likely.
- Only 36% of Americans believe it is unlikely that former President Obama or his senior aides were aware that the Intelligence Community was spying on Trump’s 2016 campaign.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
In the end, it was the sheer hypocrisy of it all that may have woken Americans from their stupor – making them realize that stay-at-home orders and social distancing were nothing more than an exercise in crowd control. Small stores had to close while Walmart remained open – despite the fact that Walmart is, by no definition, an “essential” business. People cited or arrested for engaging in activities in which social distancing is a given, such as driving their cars or swimming in the ocean. None of it made any sense if one applies some serious scrutiny. The worst thing, though, is when government officials ignore the very rules they imposed upon the unwashed masses. Virginia Governor Ralph Northam is considering a state-wide mandatory face mask order. Yet, there was Northam, this past weekend, hanging out in Virginia Beach, sans face mask and making no attempt to social distance as he posed for pictures with his fellow beach-goers. Perhaps he should have worn blackface – as is his want – so that no-one would have recognized him. Then again, maybe blackface Northam is just as easy to spot.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
– Thomas Jefferson
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Subscribe to Stay On Top of the Latest Conservative News
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com