Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- Nancy Pelosi and senior Democrats are pressing the case for vote-by-mail across the country. This comes in the wake of stunning reports by Liberty Nation that expose the massive actual fraud and potential for fraud within a postal voting system. Perhaps more shocking is that state governments are refusing to address this real danger to democracy.
- For those worried about what happens if Coronavirus makes a comeback this fall, President Trump has a comforting message: The U.S. will not close again if a second wave comes along.
- It’s unclear exactly when it will happen or what such a bill might contain, but Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY) says another Coronavirus relief package is most likely coming soon.
- Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) is pressing Congress to expand vote-by-mail across the country.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- Enthusiasm for Joe Biden among Democrats is at just 57%. This is almost exactly the same number who disapprove of President Trump. The lack of excitement suggests that the only Dem voters who are pumped about the election are those who want Trump gone. Not a good position for Biden to be in with just months to go before ballots are cast.
- 32% now say they or someone in their immediate family has lost their job because of the Coronavirus outbreak. This is down from 40% in mid-April and back to the 32% reported a month earlier.
- The latest Fox News poll shows Biden now leading Trump by eight points nationally.
- An AP-NORC poll shows that 83% of Americans are at least somewhat concerned that lifting restrictions in their area will lead to additional COVID-19 infections.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
Joe Biden has allegedly asked Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) to undergo vetting to be his potential running mate. It’s unclear whether she has consented – or will – but a refusal seems unlikely. Does this mean Klobuchar is Biden’s pick? Not necessarily. Rep. Val Demings (D-FL) has claimed to also be on the shortlist, and most of the top contenders are still in the running. It seems likely that the Biden campaign is being purposely vague. Once a running mate has been selected, the conversation will shift from “who should he choose” to “why even have Biden, anyway?” Drawing out the procedure proved much-needed cover for the Delaware basement dweller.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
In politics, what begins in fear usually ends in failure.
– Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Subscribe to Stay On Top of the Latest Conservative News
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com