Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- Senate Republicans are apparently nervous about President Trump’s re-election prospects in the face of various polling that gives Biden a comfortable lead nationwide. However, a deeper dive into the figures suggests that Trump is on course to win the Electoral College vote.
- With more than 70% reporting, Joe Biden has won the Oregon primary race. Bernie Sanders came in a distant second with around 20% of the vote.
- A newly declassified email indicates that James Comey suggested not passing on information about Russia to then-incoming National Security Adviser Michael Flynn. This email was sent in January 2020, right before Donald Trump became president.
- Is New York Governor Andrew Cuomo using hospitals as a political bargaining chip? During his COVID-19 press conference on Tuesday, he said that if the federal government didn’t hand over cash, he would have to start cutting money to hospitals and firefighters.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- 65% of Americans rate Fauci’s performance as either good or excellent. Just 11% say he’s done a poor job in his handling of the Coronavirus pandemic.
- 49% of Americans agree with Trump’s statement that “We have to get the schools open. We have to get our country open. We have to open our country. Now we want to do it safely, but we also want to do it as quickly as possible. We can’t keep going on like this.” 36% disagree.
- 82% of Americans believe it will be difficult for recent college graduates to find a job in the current economy. 43% say it will be very difficult.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
There is a growing trend in the left-leaning media, suggesting that those who oppose Draconian lockdown restrictions are either far-right or just plain old white nationalists. Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer heralded this idea that was duly picked up by a salivating press desperate to get clicks. With the November election on the horizon, it seems that the country is sticking to its ideological divide. When Hillary Clinton called out the “basket of Deplorables,” she set in motion a chain reaction that resulted in Trump winning the White House. Could this denunciation of those who do not want to remain locked in their homes provide a similar boost for the president?
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
Inflation is as violent as a mugger, as frightening as an armed robber and as deadly as a hitman.
– Ronald Reagan
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Remember to check out the web’s best conservative news aggregator Whatfinger.com -- the #1 Alternative to the Drudge
Also check out newcomer ConservativeNewsDirect.com