Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- President Trump has caused an uproar by announcing that he is taking hydroxychloroquine as a preventative against the Coronavirus. The presidential physician Sean Conley said, “the potential benefit from treatment outweighed the relative risks.”
- With Elon Musk tweeting “Take the Red Pill,” it seems that the left and the Hollywood elites are in meltdown. Not content with controlling the cultural narrative, they now see the need to stamp out any who suggest there may be another path.
- The World Health Organization’s funding is at risk unless it commits “to major substantive improvements within the next 30 days.” President Trump laid out a list of issues that appear damning for the WHO.
- House Democrats informed the Supreme Court that they are carrying out an “ongoing presidential impeachment investigation” as part of their “weighty constitutional responsibility.” Will the impeachment process never end?
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- 49% of likely U.S. voters believe Michael Flynn was correctly convicted of the charges against him. 34% disagree, saying the former national security adviser was a victim of illegal FBI entrapment.
- More than half of all voters (52%) believe it is likely that senior law enforcement officials broke the law in an effort to prevent Donald Trump from winning the presidency.
- 47% think that former FBI director James Comey should be criminally prosecuted for leaking information. Just 35% believe he should not.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
With the news that President Trump is taking hydroxychloroquine, people on both the left and the right rushed to criticize. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) decided to indulge in name-calling by declaring the president “morbidly obese.” At the same time, Fox News host Neil Cavuto lamented, “I cannot stress this enough, this will kill you.” But is the president correct? Interviewing two doctors, Cavuto cut off one who said that the drug “may be beneficial and potentially life-saving.” The other stressed that no one should take anything without consulting a doctor. Trump’s physician stated that the benefit of him taking the drug outweighed the risk. It seems the hired experts agree with the president.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
– H.L. Mencken
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Do you have an opinion about this article? We’d love to hear it! If you send your comments to [email protected], we might even publish your edited remarks in our new feature, LN Readers Speak Out. Remember to include the title of the article along with your name, city, and state.
Please respect our republishing guidelines. Republication permission does not equal site endorsement. Click here.
Liberty Nation Today:
Woke College Gives DEI Director the Cancel Culture Treatment - No safe spaces on campus. - Read Now!
Game Theory and the Arrest of Donald Trump - Who wins and loses in political gamesmanship? - Read Now!
DeSantis Sends Strongest Signal Yet About 2024 - The Florida governor says he can win it all. - Read Now!
Alvin Bragg, His Record, and the Shaky Trump Indictment - Is the Manhattan DA with a record of leniency making an exception for Trump? - Read Now!
Biden DOJ to SCOTUS: Reinstate Domestic Violence Order Gun Ban - AG Merrick Garland wants gun confiscation without criminal conviction. - Read Now!