Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- The Ahmaud Arbery tragedy has been hijacked by SuperPACs fundraising for Democratic politicians. A Liberty Nation investigative report unravels the threads and follows the money trail.
- President Trump has suggested that the process of mass-testing could be “overrated.” This comes hot on the heels of Dr. Deborah Birx saying she believes the number of COVID-19 deaths may be inflated.
- Senator Richard Burr (R-NC) has decided to temporarily step down from his role as chairman of the Intelligence Committee after the Justice Department launched an investigation into his selling of $1.72 million in stocks following a closed-door briefing on the Coronavirus threat.
- Nancy Pelosi has admitted that the $3 trillion HEROES Act package for relief funding was just an opening gambit after the White House threatened to veto it.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- A new poll by CNN finds that although Biden is doing better nationally, in the all-important swing states, President Trump holds a commanding lead.
- Although the vast majority of Republicans are confident that Trump will be the nominee, 23% think the GOP should find someone else. This is quite close to the Democrat position, with 28% of party voters thinking Biden should be jettisoned.
- Kamala Harris is strengthening her position to be Biden’s running mate; the betting markets have her as the 6/4 favorite. The much-touted Stacey Abrams has dropped to 14/1.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
The media is going to bat for Joe Biden like never before. As the former VP’s name was revealed on an unmasking request related to Michael Flynn, the Fourth Estate put its well-oiled wheels in motion to explain why the presumptive Democrat nominee had done no wrong. From accusing the GOP of trying to rewrite history, to omitting Biden’s name entirely, it seems that the Big Beasts of the mainstream media are willing to sacrifice all integrity to protect their chosen one.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
There are many men of principle in both parties in America, but there is no party of principle.
– Alexis de Tocqueville
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.