Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- Nancy Pelosi has unveiled the HEROES Act that seeks to be the next round of financial relief amid the Coronavirus crisis. From limiting Trump’s powers to spending on the arts, one wonders if this was ever intended to pass the Senate.
- Republicans are on the verge of taking California’s 25th District seat in a special election brought about by the resignation of Democrat Katie Hill. So far, GOP candidate Mike Garcia has a 12-point lead. If he wins, this will be the first time in 22 years that the Republicans have flipped a California seat.
- Two cases in the Supreme Court are both aimed at getting financial disclosures from President Trump. While the more conservative justices are suggesting that the requests lack any legislative purpose, the other side is making the case that the House must have some authority and oversight.
- For those in any doubt as to what direction a Biden presidency make take, Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has been appointed to his campaign’s Climate Change panel. As an advocate of the Green New Deal, AOC’s position is well-known.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- The latest Rasmussen polling shows that just 54% of Democratic Party voters are satisfied with Joe Biden as their candidate. 28% think the party should choose someone else.
- Among all voters, 82% believe Joe Biden will be the eventual nominee, although 36% think this is a poor choice.
- The latest Emerson polling for California gives Joe Biden a 30% lead over President Trump. While this is perhaps not so surprising, the level of support for Joe Biden is. Could this be a case of Californians deciding to vote for anyone but Trump?
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
Only 24% of voters polled believe that Joe Biden is telling the truth about his activities with former staffer Tara Reade. 34% believe Ms. Reade. Compare this with 33% who believed Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser Christine Blasey Ford, and it makes one wonder how the DNC sees this election going. The answer perhaps lies in another poll that suggests only 30% of voters think the media will give the accusation any real airtime. Is Biden’s electoral fate so closely entwined with the major media narrative that his hopes rise and fall on Fourth Estate honesty?
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.
– Thomas Jefferson
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Liberty Nation Today:
A Sneak Peek
The Battle for Georgia: Senate Tiemaker or Tiebreaker? - Democrats hope to create a true majority, while Republicans fight to overcome midterm disappointment. - Read Now!
Loudoun County Public Schools Hit With Damning Grand Jury Report - VA school board badly mishandled an alleged sexual assault – and it only got worse from there. - Read Now!
Beware the Return of the Obama Economy - Obamanomics might make a return after the next recession. - Read Now!
Girl Scout Brownies Are Racist? Time to Rebrand - Canadian Girl Scouts say the name is preventing some girls from joining. - Read Now!
Liberty Nation On The Go: Listen to Today’s Top News - Conservative News - Hot Off The Press - Audio Playlist - AD FREE - Listen Now!