Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- Hillary Clinton has officially endorsed Joe Biden. The endorsement took place in an online townhall for women; neither attendee mentioned the Tara Reade sexual assault allegation.
- President Trump said in yesterday’s speech that the experts now say, “the worst days of the pandemic are behind us.” How will the markets react to this positive outlook?
- House Democrats have hit the brakes on the plan to bring the chamber back into session next week. Senate Republicans have stated that they will return and get back to work.
- Andrew Yang has filed a lawsuit over New York canceling the Democratic Party presidential primary. AOC is also angry. Does the progressive wing of the party see this as a way of keeping Bernie’s power at the convention limited?
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- 57% of likely U.S. voters now wear a face mask whenever they go out in public. However, most respondents don’t favor fines or jail for those who don’t.
- Just 25% of American adults think the United States can buy its way out of the economic damage done by the Coronavirus crisis with government money.
- 13% of Americans think the schools in their community will reopen before the current school year ends. However, 49% say they are unlikely to let their kids go back if schools reopen soon.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
There is no denying that the internet has become a powerful tool of information and political persuasion, but are politicians taking advantage of it? President Trump has hijacked Twitter and used it as a way of speaking directly to Americans without the filter of the media. However, he still appears to rely on the more traditional news channels for his information. Joe Biden has attempted to get in on the act with his Here’s the Deal podcast. Unfortunately for Joe, he treats this new outlet as a scripted presser with questions prepared in advance. Whoever first grasps the power of the internet media could gain a huge advantage in the race for the White House.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
Ninety percent of the politicians give the other ten percent a bad reputation.
– Henry Kissinger
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
Liberty Nation Today:
A Sneak Peek
Celebrities Celebrating Celebrities: 2022 Kennedy Center Honors - Antisemitic jokes are okay if certain people tell them. - Read Now!
Ukraine Today – Photos and Facts - The latest news and pictures from the Ukrainian front. - Read Now!
B-21 Raider Joins US Nuclear Triad - Northrop Grumman introduces world to America’s newest strategic bomber. - Read Now!
The Left’s Propaganda Machine Comes for Elon Musk - The exposure of Twitter’s collusion with Democrats set off a coordinated attack from the left. - Read Now!
Freedom of Speech for Christians Back at Supreme Court - Will the high court finally recognize the First Amendment rights of devout Christians? - Read Now!