Welcome to Liberty Nation’s Daily Snapshot. All the top news of the day, the latest polls, and more.
What’s happening in the political sphere – the hot stories making the news today.
- President Trump appears to be ready to put the screws to the United States Postal Service. During the signing ceremony for the latest Coronavirus relief bill, the president described the USPS as a “joke.” He indicated that he would not sign off on financial assistance for the Postal Service unless it dramatically raised prices on shipping items sold by online retailers. The check will not be in the mail, it seems.
- Months after the House Intelligence Committee’s largely pointless investigation of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, the transcripts of witness interviews have still not been made public. The committee had voted unanimously to declassify and release said transcripts, but Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) claims that committee chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) is holding up their release.
- Stacey Abrams, who in 2018 unsuccessfully ran for governor of Georgia, “is not currently a likely choice” for Joe Biden’s V.P. slot, according to an Atlantic report. Abrams never did concede the gubernatorial race and, to this day, may still be insisting that she is, in fact, the rightful ruler of Georgia. There would be a great Shakespeare play in there somewhere if only the bard were still alive.
The latest polls and trends impacting the United States.
- A new survey from the Barna Group, founded by George Barna, who is the Director of Research at the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University, found that 51% of Americans believe in God, as He is portrayed in the Bible: the “all-powerful, all-knowing Creator.” However, 56% believe in Satan. This is a somewhat strange result, since – according to Christian teachings – Satan cannot exist if God does not exist. It appears that at least 5% of Americans are somewhat confused about that.
- The overwhelming majority of Americans who are out of work due to state governors shutting down the economy because of the Coronavirus outbreak believe those jobs will return. 78% of those people think they will be back at their jobs in the future.
- Almost a third of Americans think a COVID-19 vaccine has already been developed and is being withheld from the public, according to a poll published April 24 in USA Today.
Something political to ponder as you enjoy your morning coffee.
It isn’t just presidential hopeful Joe Biden who appears to believe that Trump will attempt to delay the November election. Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) claims to share this entirely fictitious concern. “[Trump] has done a lot to undermine who we are as America,” The Hill quoted Rep. Pelosi as saying, “but the fact is, we cannot allow him to do that to our democracy. That will not happen. And God willing, maybe some Republicans might even stand up for our country, our Constitution and our democracy, as well. I think they will.” Trump himself has never implied nor hinted that he might call for a delay in the election. Among young children, there is a well-known tendency to share scary stories with such earnestness that, often, the storyteller will terrify himself or herself. That’s what is going on here: Democrats and their media menagerie have become so adept at fabricating tales about Trump, intended to petrify the public, that they’ve now managed to do it to themselves. When Pelosi made the statement quoted above, one can almost imagine that she was, at the time, holding a flashlight under her chin.
A thought for the day from history’s most interesting thinkers.
A free America… means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it.
– Frank Lloyd Wright
Remember, you can get our Full Daily Briefing straight to your inbox – Click Here to Get a Copy.
All opinions expressed are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Liberty Nation.
Do you have an opinion about this article? We’d love to hear it! If you send your comments to [email protected], we might even publish your edited remarks in our new feature, LN Readers Speak Out. Remember to include the title of the article along with your name, city, and state.
Please respect our republishing guidelines. Republication permission does not equal site endorsement. Click here.
Liberty Nation Today:
The Trump Indictment Conundrum – LN Radio Videocast - Can the former president escape unscathed? - Watch Now!
Military Aircrews Are Getting Cancer at Higher Rate - Massive study should prompt further research into why US warfighters are at elevated risk. - Read Now!
A Summit for Democracy, or Biden’s Ego? - Democrats claim the corner on democracy. - Read Now!
Warning: Yuan Replacing the Dollar Is a National Security Issue - Using the Chinese yuan for international commerce instead of the dollar could upset balance of power. - Read Now!
Is Biden’s ‘as Long as It Takes’ Approach to Ukraine Really Wise? - Good stewardship of taxpayer dollars spent in Ukraine needs accountability and an end in sight. - Read Now!