New York City is fast approaching outrageous California when it comes to illegal immigration control – or rather, if they have their way, no control at all. On September 12, the city council passed a resolution to abolish ICE – just one day after the immigration enforcement department removed 16 illegal aliens who were sexual predators from the city.
Resolution 513 is a “Resolution calling upon the U.S. Congress to pass, and the President to sign, the Establishing a Humane Immigration Enforcement System Act (H.R. 6361), legislation that would abolish the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.”
Here are some of the most notable points of the resolution:
- Lack of proper oversight has resulted in a rogue agency whose practices have proven to be overall detrimental.
- ICE agents routinely engage in deceptive practices, like posing as police officers, creating unnecessary distrust between communities and other law enforcement agencies.
- ICE often appears in courtrooms to detain those who have not been convicted of a crime, and has apprehended immigrants outside schools, houses of worship and other public spaces.
- ICE, under the direction of President Trump, has demonstrated an inability to fulfil its duties without violating due process, human rights, transparency, public accountability, or an adherence to domestic and international law.
And my favorite:
- The United States of America does not need an opaque and rogue agency operating in our communities, dehumanizing our neighbors, and acting without consequence.
We can blather on until our faces turn purple about how it is not harassing someone outside of businesses by arresting them for doing something illegal, and we all know that an illegal immigrant is here illegally. But, what truly wins this city council a stupidity award is their determination to pass such a resolution the day after 16 sexual predators, who are also here illegally, were taken off of their streets by the very organization they want abolished.
No Sanctuary for Victims
To top that, five of those arrested during “Operation SOAR” (Sex Offender Alien Removal) were previously released from local authorities even though they were on ICE’s active detainer. These five criminal aliens were set back on the streets to potentially hurt other victims – thank you sanctuary cities!
All 16 aliens arrested had a history of sexual offenses. “Many of those arrested in this operation had been found guilty of inappropriate sexual behavior against a minor,” said Thomas R. Decker, field office director for ERO New York.
So, go ahead, New York, get rid of an organization that takes child molesters off the streets. I’m sure your constituents feel much safer with the knowledge that the elected officials care more for criminal aliens than the children of their own people.